Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Streams of Dreams

If I were to liken myself into anything in this world, I'd have to say, I am a wonderful portrait that shows a wide array of hues and forms. This is because, every time my mind isn't busy, I don't deprive myself of thinking some big things. I fill my mind with so many colorful imaginbations and I enjoy transforming myself into somebody else. I enjoy every minute of dreaming and imagining myself to be someone or something. Now, I have come to gain some confidence to put into writing what I had always been dreaming. I know it's fun although some may sound extremely funny (and impossible). Read on...

As I go out with my friends to enjoy some beer and nuts, I feel so jealous why they got those beautiful voices. And so, in my solitary hours, I always pretend to be Sarah Geronimo (if I were a girl) or at least, (take note, at least) Josh Groban or Martin Nievera. As I dream to become a caliber singer, I didn't mean to earn fame and glory. I intend to sing for kids inside my classroom. How I wished so much to really sing a song for them and see them so proud of me.

After my friend Farah passed the Bar, there was a little spark of desiring to become a lawyer. Honestly. However, it turned out to die a natural death because in one of our pizza-and-beer moments, I just found out that it's such a stressful job. I decided to quit. I learned that I should rationalize my choices.

Thanks to Mark Xander Fabillar for inviting me in his TV program @ Random. I had a wonderful experience with him in an interview. It was a spontaneous exchange of ideas. From that experience, I again dreamed of becoming a world-class talk show host just like Ellen and Oprah. I do. I really do. If it comes true, I am challenged to talk with my tact in. My tongue should be a channel of joy and comfort. My words shouldn't be like weapons that wound but heal and give life.

I also came to the point of dreaming to become a commercial model. (WHHHAAATTTTTTT???) Yeah. I did. How I imagined myself to be right in one of those billboards in EDSA. But it dawned to me that EDSA is quite far. I have my classroom where I can be a model not only for a minimal time frame but for eternity. I concluded, if I choose to do good and show this good thing to my kids, it will create ripples to them. It will eventually multiply. What else should I travel for?

You see, I am starting to get bored of enumerating my dreams. Owning a school, becoming a DepEd Secretary, winning an international public speaking tilt, and a whole lot more.

This I know is the sign of my celebration of humanity--in the streams of dreams!

1 comment:

pSyCHoTiC MooD sWiNgs said...

I love our piza-and-beer moments (which used to be our cheese rings-and-coke moments a long long time ago. hehe!)

=)

I loved reading this blog cause I can relate to it - i want to become a singer, a stage performer, an immigration lawyer, i want to work for the UN, travel around the world, blah blah blah.

We are all capable of doing so many things and of becoming who we want to be. We only have one life to live and we should be abe to live it up to its full potential.

Looking forward to more posts - and more pizza and beer moments. See you around!