Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Songs from Heaven

I was never a Gary V fanatic. I just admire his talents. However, things changed when I forced myself to watch his inspirational tour here. Yes, I was forced because the ticket was bought for me, refundable though.

Heading to the city again from my twenty-eight-kilometer-away hometown after my class is definitely a big job for me. One thing that made the travel a little more exciting was the presence of my close friends who actually invited me to watch Gary’s concert. Truly, I sensed it was just an ordinary travel unlike my companions, who seemed to be very thirsty and hungry of Gary’s voice. Just to keep myself in the group, I acted as if I too, was in dire need to see the glamorous face of Gary V. I was successful. Shame came when the show started. The elegance of the back-drop, the tremendous sound system, the big mouths of the crowd, the totally alluring concert emergence plus the image of that guy who was once only an admired persona on TV on Sundays, now right there, meters away from you, one can really abruptly change a passive attitude to something that shows heat. I really enjoyed the night. It was worth it.

Now, I believe I am obliged to live by the virtues of my column tagged LIVING, LOVING and LEARNING.

After the affair, I thought it was more than a concert, a humanizing merry-making for souls that are left apathetic. Gary V owns a power to evangelize under the ambience of fun. So to say, such a power was shared as the audience willfully gave in to every word that he proclaimed all about Jesus. Unlike some preachers who stand, speak and sometimes leave listeners sleeping, Gary V speaks of God’s loving Hands and proves this with the songs that are certainly both spirit-lifting and fun-driven. At an instance, I found out that I am capable of screaming, shouting and dancing my way to total satisfaction without liquors. And this is made true by the potent beat of Gary V’s hands, feet and voice, which I believe were all God’s instruments of making us realize His presence. If I may quote, Gary V advised me that if the burdens on my shoulders are too heavy, all I’ve got to do is to shake them off. No wonder, his shakings made him go for more tours and performances in spite of his battle against some health problems.

While he was singing a common spiritual song, I dragged my best friend’s hands when I saw a very touching scenario: a couple; totally aged couple who perhaps thought that the show was about to end and that they needed to come out first. How has it become so touching? Simple. The couple reminded of family, which was also Gary’s subject of evangelization. The couple inspired me of the beauty that awaits every family that holds on to each other’s hands whatever life brings. And this was made more meaningful after Gary sang “Anak” that made me think of what I have done so far to my family. My personal battle of making my family even happier has never ended, I said. It was even made more thrilling.

In a nutshell, as the name implies, it was really an inspirational tour—one that leaves you inspired after leaving the hall and wakes you up smiling as the morning comes.

As I woke up the following morning, I knew I was late for school so I decided to be absent. I never had qualms after doing so it’s because I still extended my celebration of being called again by Him after weeks of indifference. I sensed, God is really the best. Just when I was so tired doing a lot of stuff in school and at home, He gave me break to enjoy wonderful music, without harming my body. And mind you, those melodies were not your ordinary ones; they were songs from heaven, composed by Someone who gives the best lullabies at nights when we need rest.

Truly, God is good all the time and all the time, God is good!

No comments: