Friday, January 25, 2008

On Betrayal & Forgiveness

Many times, I was betrayed. I shed tears up to heaven and even hope to die sooner. The pain betrayal brought to me, I thought was enduring. I was wrong. Until I had uverything I needed about forgiveness and undergone a recollection with Fr. Junjun Limbaga who sympathetically poured out everything I needed about forgiveness.

In our more-than-two-hours session, I cried when he pointed out so many things about forgiveness. Finally, I found someone who joins me in my pains and struggles, aside from my friends Rizza and Mariz and the Norrs. It was all about the Seven Last Words of Jesus. We had a recollection in preparation for the Lenten Season.

So much for the background. Here I go. First, I must admit, it is painful when you are betrayed but it is glorifying if you forgive. When a traumatic incident happened to me, it made me realize how I can possibly endure pains and thank God, I just found out that I can be emotionally stable even at the back of pressures. At a deeper note, I learned that relationship (I mean not the special ones) can be defended if only you choose to defend it. A lot of people go separate ways because of petty issues but in my case, I was able to choose the right one.

Yes, I am not certain if I won't be betrayed anymore but I am sure that I should be careful in treating people. I have to be extra careful.

I forgave. I will still forgive.

No comments: