Saturday, September 20, 2008

On Getting Old..er!

I am still 27 yet a lot of things start to tell me that I am really literally getting very old.

First: I start to sing the songs of Frank Sinatra, Matt Monroe and their contemporaries. Lately, I was hooked on repeating and repeating the song Moon River, Spanish Eyes and My Love Will see You Through. All these songs are actually out of my friends’ minds. They have not even heard their melodies.

Second: I have started to say NO to some gigs like going out with friends, going to a disco, going on a movie marathon, etc. I do not know why. But one thing I know is that I AM EXTREMELY BUSY. Bow.

Third: My personal belonging starts to be antique. (Got what I mean?). Before, I used to be part of those individuals who brag about some good scents of Bench, Penshoppe or maybe the in-things like bleng-blengs, bag-bags, cap-caps and among others. Now, I am super careful of spending.

Gosh. Am I really getting old? Those are manifestations of being old—wise and deliberating. Urrrggghhhh. I want to be forever young.

But then, a flash of light cleared my crimson mind. Who doesn’t grow old by the way? I have to face the reality that human beings do grow old and eventually die. (Lord, later please.) I am already old. Yes, I know. But take this: I AM NOT TOO YOUNG TO BE WISE NOR TOO OLD TO STOP ENJOYING.

Ciao!

1 comment:

optimistic dora said...

"I AM NOT TOO YOUNG TO BE WISE NOR TOO OLD TO STOP ENJOYING"

korek... as we grow older, we become wiser!

hehe, ako sad sir malapit ng mg grow old, another year na nman sa lyf ko, coz i'm turning 18 this june 18 nah, hehe...